Sign in to follow this  
DRASTiK

Shock Tower Wings

I've got some rather large gaps between the front wings and the tower itself (around a quarter inch). I was planning to weld these in for structural reasons, but should they be pressed back against the tower prior to welding them or are these gaps supposed to be there? I've done some searching around and it appears that they should be flush, but wanted to put this question out there before I start welding.

Edited by DRASTiK

Thanks for the reply!

I was hoping someone would say that. It doesn't seem like moving them would really change anything for the better, nor would it be easy. I wasn't sure if this gap was supposed to be there or if it was due to the age of the towers. The rest of the components seem to fit flush and aren't pulled away. I guess I just find it odd that the rear wings don't have the gap but the fronts do. If I'm going to weld them as they sit, I'll just use some 3/16 material behind them so I'm not filling such a large gap with weld wire.