Sign in to follow this  
Jayru

Carbon Fiber Front Air Splitter?

Anyone know someone who makes one?

I found this article on the net:

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_1005_1970_ford_trans_cammer_mustang/photo_01.html

The car is sick! The front air splitter looks so awesome.

It says they're made by Alberto Gurrola, but no other info is given and i can't find anything on the guy or if he has a shop/business through Google.

The car was featured in the May issue of Hot Rod Magazine. One of the captions under a picture states:

"GTG (Grand Touring Garage) designed the cowl-induction hood and helped Alberto Gurrola of P1 Performance (Huntington Beach CA) create it out of Carbon Fiber."

That being said I'd try GTG or P1 Performance in your search.

Jayru

have you seen my post on my valence/air dam?

Front valence/air dam

Looks good! What is that made out of? Is it metal? You're post is a little vague, you took a stock metal valance and turned it upside down and modified it, or is that an aftermarket lower valance modified somehow?

You plan to make/sell these?

I can't seem to get any info on the other one except for what Legion wrote. There's no website for P1 Performance and GTG hasn't called me back.

It's metal and a stock '69 valence turned up side down. The construction pics posted later in the thread show how simple it was to do. It doesn't really show that on the bottom edge we added some metal rod to give more stiffness and the rod continued up to the wheel flare but it was a smaller rod at that point. We talked about making a mold to make fiberglass copies but decided that there was too many tweeks on my car already that we could be sure a copy would work on another car. I'd like to see one lioke mine with a little lip on the bottom like the carbon fiber one you were talking about. A good metal man could duplicatre what I had done in less than a day.

Maybe I'm retarded... But i can't see how flipping a stock lower valance upside down could create anything close to what you have in those pics??

Wouldn't metal have to be cut/added to the valance in the rear to be able to bend/reshape the sides up like that?

Am i missing something?

Edited by Jayru

No you're not missing anything. My second post has pics during assembly and shows the added metal to fill in between both valences and meet the bottom of the flare on the fender.