Sign in to follow this  
Swags63

Mustang Rear Seat Help

I'm in the process of restoring my 69 Mach and I'm having some troubles with the back seat install. It looks like the car had a roll bar installed in it at one time. I'm not sure if during the install the back seat mounting brackets were removed or exactly how they mount. Here are some pics of what I'm dealing with. Any advice would be highly appreciated. :helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Thanks, Swags63

Aren't those just for the securing the bottom of the interior panels in sportroofs? They actually don't have anything to do with mounting the seat.

You are correct. Those two brackets are for securing the interior rear quarter panels to the car. I usually only use one or two of the three bolts to secure mine. I just put the interior panels in my 70 and honestly it made absolutely no difference in how that panel mounted.

The second set of pics from mustangdan are the ones that are used to keep the rear seat in place.