Sign in to follow this  
AlmostDone69

69 fold down seat help

I'm looking for some help regarding my fold down seat installation. I have all the parts painted and ready to install but I can't figure out what type of bolts hold the fiberglass side panels in. I'm referring to the panels on each side that go over the latches. There is a large bolt in the bottom front corner and I have that. But on the edge that borders the trunk opening, there are four holes. One gets the rubber bumper. The other three show signs of normal interior screws on the fiberglass side, but the steel edge of the trunk opening has holes drilled approximately 3/16" and there are no signs of threads cut into them, or scratches from any push on clips. This edge is easily visible when the trap door is opened. Does anyone have any details on what fasteners I'm looking for. I've even gone to folddownseat.com with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello-those panels are attached with rivets, two on each side. One goes just above the bumper near the bottom, the other goes about 4 or 5 inches above it. There should be holes there to accept these rivets, I can;t remember the size but they are common rivets you can get at the hardware store and install with a rivet gun. Regards Mark

Thanks, Mark. I ordered the bolt kit from AMK and it said it contained rivets. Now I know why. Does the package tray trim across the top, which includes the top hole in the side pieces also use rivets and are there washers involved. Seems like rivets might crack the fiberglass. Thanks again, I really appreciate you taking the time to help.