Sign in to follow this  
69togo

heater blower motor?

Fuse in fuse box is not blown and nothing happens when the A/C or heater is turned on. It was working yesterday but now it isn't. Would the problem be with the blower motor or the control assembly? How could you tell the difference without removing the dash pad and the rest of the other components if possibly.

It may be possible to temporarily connect a spare wire to a live connection and then to the positive on the blower fan to see if the blower fan works.

I don't remember any details though, but my friend and I 100% re-wired my '69 in January '09 and we had a question why the blower motor wasn't coming on...was it the motor or the switch? We did exactly that and the blower motor worked, so I need to replace the switch, which I'll get to after I do a few more important things on the car. I only said it "may" be possible, because we did it when the dash and everything was apart. I hope there's enough room under there for you to do that when it's all together, but I think it's possible. Hope this helps.