Sign in to follow this  
mani

mach mini tub

guy i have a 69 fastback, anyone do a mini tub on it, i bought a tub kit dont know how or where to cut? lol i seen pics on a 66 67 coupe but not a 69 fastback i have the fold down seat i wanna be able to put a 12 inch tire thanks

The problem with minitubbing these cars is the interior panels almost butt up to the wheelwell.When moving the wheelwell in, requires extensive modifications to interior panels and fold down seat assembly. Of course its possible, but just be aware of the amount of work and changes required.

If set up properly, you can get the look of minitubbing though by narrowing rearend. this photo is a 19x10 with 295 35 tire

I know this has been covered before, but a 295 tire fits in a stock wheelwell with some careful hammer work on the front inner wheelwell and rolling of fender lips, preferably before paint! the car in the picture has a G-bar 4 link rear suspension but stock leafs will also allow this tire.Wheels are Budnik 19x10 with 4.25 backspacing and the housing narrowed 4". Basically 6.25 with stock housing width.