Sign in to follow this  
jm_obrien

Quarter window/door weatherstripping pics

Can anyone post some close up pics of the weatherstripping at the quarter window? I seem to have a gap that increases as you look from the bottom to the top of the quarter window/door window. Pretty much all of the weatherstripping is missing from both doors/quarters and initially I thought the window frames were bent BUT it is the same on each side of the car. Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

Can anyone post some close up pics of the weatherstripping at the quarter window? I seem to have a gap that increases as you look from the bottom to the top of the quarter window/door window. Pretty much all of the weatherstripping is missing from both doors/quarters and initially I thought the window frames were bent BUT it is the same on each side of the car. Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

Thanks for the pics. After looking into this more it seems to me that the weatherstripping COULD be causing this. It's obviously very old and could be the original but both doors are doing the exact same thing. I have some new weatherstripping so once I get time after this weekend I'll pull off the old and see how it looks from there. In the meantime, take a look at this pic and give me your opinion please.

IMG_2695.jpg

Jon

Thanks for the pics. After looking into this more it seems to me that the weatherstripping COULD be causing this. It's obviously very old and could be the original but both doors are doing the exact same thing. I have some new weatherstripping so once I get time after this weekend I'll pull off the old and see how it looks from there. In the meantime, take a look at this pic and give me your opinion please.

IMG_2695.jpg

Jon

I just have the same problem, only on the drivers side. Its also looks for me that the weatherstripping is causing this problem.I bought my mustang almost 7 years ago, its the same weatherstripping now, but I think its quite new. Its not possible to adjust the quarter window to solve this problem, therefore I wonder if the weatherstripping is mounted wrong. Some pictures from my mustang is attached. Picture nr.3 is from the passenger side.

I just have the same problem, only on the drivers side. Its also looks for me that the weatherstripping is causing this problem.I bought my mustang almost 7 years ago, its the same weatherstripping now, but I think its quite new. Its not possible to adjust the quarter window to solve this problem, therefore I wonder if the weatherstripping is mounted wrong. Some pictures from my mustang is attached. Picture nr.3 is from the passenger side.