Sign in to follow this  
369coupes

how to ? hood molding

ok this comes from the file of i guess im just too dumb to figure it out:helpsmilie:

last year i bought a repo hood molding i installed it only to have it keep falling off , then i find out that theres supposed to be a molding support piece to keep it from falling off

soo at this years columbus spring swap i ordered a molding support piece from cj pony parts and it just came the other day so i figure today is a beautiful day ill get the hood molding back on my car ...... well , it dosent come with instructions......

and like i said i guess im too dumb to figure it out .....sooo can somebody here whos smarter then me tell me how to install this part? ........oh yeah to those who missed me ....ha ha HA ha im back :tongue_smilie:yeah i know ya'll didnt notice i was gone story of my life

ok this comes from the file of i guess im just too dumb to figure it out:helpsmilie:

last year i bought a repo hood molding i installed it only to have it keep falling off , then i find out that theres supposed to be a molding support piece to keep it from falling off

soo at this years columbus spring swap i ordered a molding support piece from cj pony parts and it just came the other day so i figure today is a beautiful day ill get the hood molding back on my car ...... well , it dosent come with instructions......

and like i said i guess im too dumb to figure it out .....sooo can somebody here whos smarter then me tell me how to install this part? ........oh yeah to those who missed me ....ha ha HA ha im back :tongue_smilie:yeah i know ya'll didnt notice i was gone story of my life

Support Peice?? Im lost on this one. I guess Im going to have the same problem when I try and put the molding on tonight.. What does it look like?

it is just a "L" piece of metal that forms to the front edge of the hood i guess its supposed to fit inside the molding but i dont understand how to get the bolts in it im just totally cornfused about the thing

Support Peice?? Im lost on this one. I guess Im going to have the same problem when I try and put the molding on tonight.. What does it look like?

it is just a "L" piece of metal that forms to the front edge of the hood i guess its supposed to fit inside the molding but i dont understand how to get the bolts in it im just totally cornfused about the thing

Hey 369coupes Saw your wanted fastback right after I read this on VMF. Kinda sounds like the guy is looking to flip it if it's worth it.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/showtopic.php?tid/1509041/tp/1/

thanks for the heads up if only the guy said where he lives i gave 200.00 for a rusty shell that really wasnt worth dragging home hence the 1/2 fastback listed in my signature

Hey 369coupes Saw your wanted fastback right after I read this on VMF. Kinda sounds like the guy is looking to flip it if it's worth it.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/showtopic.php?tid/1509041/tp/1/

thanks for the heads up if only the guy said where he lives i gave 200.00 for a rusty shell that really wasnt worth dragging home hence the 1/2 fastback listed in my signature

Hey, I just put on my moulding with no problems using the mounting hardware that came with it.. The hardware were little spring clips. Basically a flat peice that had a small spring arm sticking up from it. You mount it with a nut through the nood and then first place the spring arm into the upper piece of the moulding and kind of push down and wrap it around so that the bottom of the moulding grabs onto the little plate. and its on..

Hey, I just put on my moulding with no problems using the mounting hardware that came with it.. The hardware were little spring clips. Basically a flat peice that had a small spring arm sticking up from it. You mount it with a nut through the nood and then first place the spring arm into the upper piece of the moulding and kind of push down and wrap it around so that the bottom of the moulding grabs onto the little plate. and its on..

yeah that what i did last year but after the car was driven the vibreation (i guess) shook it loose and it kept falling off after that this piece is supposed to prevent that from happening if i remember its part number hms4 in cj pony parts catalog

yeah that what i did last year but after the car was driven the vibreation (i guess) shook it loose and it kept falling off after that this piece is supposed to prevent that from happening if i remember its part number hms4 in cj pony parts catalog