Sign in to follow this  
Greenbay stang

351 efi conversion

i tried the same with a 94 bronco 351. Intake was too tall. Plus i realized that the mass air efi was better than speed density from the bronco so i went with a 93 5.0 intake and efi setup. Started right up first time. Engine is now a 408.

Mike

i tried the same with a 94 bronco 351. Intake was too tall. Plus i realized that the mass air efi was better than speed density from the bronco so i went with a 93 5.0 intake and efi setup. Started right up first time. Engine is now a 408.

Mike

Did you needs to user spacer's to get the 5.0 intake to fit the 351W?

That is my hang up. I have the complete motor injection, pullys, complete. I also have a complete injection setup for a 87 5.0 Mustang with harness, sensors, brain box, etc. I was going to use both to make one set up that is mass air, but the intake for the 351 is the problem. I even thought of using a supercharged lightnings intake and have it supercharged right off the bat but was concerned if that would be low enough. That is the main reason for going EFI for me is so I can supercharge it and not have to mess with all the carb issues.

Did you needs to user spacer's to get the 5.0 intake to fit the 351W?

I used a professional products 351 lower intake with an edlebrock 5.0 upper. Engine runs but needs tuning. Fitting all this stuff under the hood and monte carlo bar was a pain. Having fun routing ac hoses, etc.

Mike

Has anybody tried the Edelbrock Spyder (Super Victor) with a power elbow or a 4 barrel throttle body under the stock hood (or shaker hood) of a 69 mustang. By my calculations a short 4 barrel throttle body and a air cleaner may fit. I have a GT40 intake for a 5.8, but it's looks to be too tall.

The Ford performance parts catalog lists a 5.8L EFI lower intake that is a direct match to the 5.0L Cobra/GT-40 upper intakes. The 5.8L lower is listed under Ford number M-9461-A58. --Pricey, but will fit under your Mustang's hood unlike the truck EFI intakes.

m9461a5858l.jpg

Year One also has the same intake for less than the Ford price under the part number FR487:

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?hid=F13AD1356&Style=3

I have this same 5.8L lightning lower intake for the EFI 408 stroker I'll be building to go in my '68 Mustang. --I already had the Cobra upper intake/Motorsport injectors/BBK 70mm TB/C&L Vortec 73mm Mass Air meter from a '90 Mustang GT 5.0L engine that will go on this 5.8L lower.