Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greenbay stang

mid 90's 351?

What year did the 351 start using roller lifters? Will the new 351 fit in my 69? I had a 351 originaly so I won't have to change motor mounts or anything but what about the oil pan etc. I know the block will be from a truck so I don't know what has to be swapped.

94-97 351w were roller motors.

The 90's 351w will fit your '69. If have a manual transmisson and plan on using the '69 z-bar then you'll most likey need to buy a pivot bracket as the pivot boss on the blocks were removed sometime in the 70's or 80's. See NPD p/n7A572-1A page 88

Your '69 351w will need a front sump oil pan.

Some 93's were roller blocks as well. I have a 93 roller sitting and waiting to be built to a 408.

You can make a mount fairly easily for your T5 as well, if you have access to a welder it can be done fairly quickly. Two of my friends made their mounts, and they spent about $6 to make each mount.

That mount should not be a problem. I have a shop and restore cars as a side job. The past year I restored a 70 charger, 69 roadrunner, 70 challenger (I know all mopars but that is what is coming in). I have 69 camaro in the shop that is getting a 700r4 tranny so I have to make a new crossmember for that car and shorten the driveshaft also. The problem is this is my first Ford restore and I don't know alot about them. Especialy parts that swap from year to year. If you ever get a chance go to http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=32537.0 that is my garage and projects I had this winter.