Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FallujahMedic

Removing from rotisserie

Ok, so my baby is ready to come off the rotisserie. now to all the suspension Q's.

I've got new upper and lower control arms (NPD) as well as roller spring perches and prothane bushings. Got a new 9+ rear end 31 spine axels (big bearing)

Right now my goal is just to get the body in a roller configuration. Dont care about steering or brakes. Where shold I go from here. i dont just want to throw money at the car for things I wont need just yet. But keep in ming it will be receiving a big block so I'm guessing heavier duty springs are a given.

Should I just throww the old (dirty suspension ) back on for now then replace it as cash becomes available? Divorce in process so fundage is low. I just dont want to go about this half-assed.

the plan is to take the body off the rotisserie and gap all the panels, then prime it. Then its back into the "bat cave" while awaiting cash buildup.

the old suspension will be fine for what you need it to do, but i would at least clean it up a bit before it installing it, doesn't have to be spotless but you don't want to be getting nasty greasy paw prints all over your freshly primered shell either.