Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreaseMonkey

gas welding?

Is that a Mr. Mom quote?

I think your looking the wrong way. IMO you need to determine how much you want to spend, then buy the most welder you get get. I got my 220v lincoln new on ebay for $425, which is a steal!!!!

thats actually pretty much what im thinking right now, which model is yours? like i said before i havent seen any Lincoln 220v welders anywhere:huh:

the Clarke ones are the ones i found before but wasnt sure about because ive never heard anything about them, im still thinking about it though.

id really rather go with a lincoln or miller/hobart if i can find one for a good price

the Hobart 187 on there is a little out of my price range, but if its good i could go for that. the only thing is, on there its listed as a 220v but on the Hobart site and everywhere else ive seen it its listed as 230v, could it be used with either one?

sorry if im asking dumb questions heh but im still kinda confused about this:wacko:

thats actually pretty much what im thinking right now, which model is yours? like i said before i havent seen any Lincoln 220v welders anywhere:huh:

Mine is a Lincoln ProMig 175. The same ones you see in Home Depot and Lowes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LINCOLN-ELECTRIC-PRO-MIG-175-WIRE-FEED-WELDER-NEW_W0QQitemZ320113635142QQihZ011QQcategoryZ113743QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD7VQQcmdZViewItem

This is the same one I bought, and this is the same guy I bought it from. I have had no problems at all with my rig right now it is only $305+$50 shipping, now that is a deal with 1.5 days left.

that looks good, I dont think im quite ready to buy one just yet so i dont think ill bid on that, but anyway thanks for the link!

I didnt see that one on lincolns site at first because they have it listed under retail products and not mig/flux core welders, finally found it though