Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MDinDestin

Weekend trivia-guess these rim and tire sizes

Dude, I'm not even about getting you on that one or being right or wrong, It's just that I want to give the right info to the guys on the forums and not give them hope of installing some massive wheels that may or may not fit..

all i'm trying to say is that with careful measuring you can fit some really big tires under the back of a 69/70 stang. will a 315/35-17 on a 17x11 wheel fit every car? probably not, but it can be done on some of them. every car is a little different so it is possible to fit them one some and probably even most cars. i'm not telling anyone to go out and blindly buy a 17x11 wheel and a 315/35-17 tire by any means. all i'm saying is that is possible to fit a tire that big without major mods. I HAVE SEEN IT DONE PERSONALLY WITH MY VERY OWN EYES!!!!! also, i'm not some 20 year old punk kid that is talking though his ass, i have a lot of experience with cars of all kinds not just mustangs. i've been a crew chief for a super stock dirt track car and pit crew on another street stock car, i have been parts of the pit crew for a low 10 second street 69 mach 1, and a mid 10 second 70 nova. i've worked at numerous parts stores (no autozone or pep boys chain stores either) i've worked parts for the local Cadillac, BMW and Lexus dealership. i build all my own engines and have built engines for other people as well. i'm not talking out my ass here, i have experience and i know what i'm talking about, i would not put on the world wide web if i didn't.

I have seen a lot of discussions on rims and tire sizes. I just wanted to share what I am running on my car. I have American Racing Torque Thrust II's. Up front are 18x7 with 225/40/ZR18 Nitto 55's. In the rear I have 18x8.5 with 255/45/ZR18 Nitto 55's. There is no offset (so the rim sits in the middle) on all 4. Here is a picture of what it looks like. The rears sit in just a little and the front's do not rub at all. The car has been lowered all the way around. The rear fenders were rolled prior to paint, although I don't think this would have mattered anyways.

I have seen a lot of discussions on rims and tire sizes. I just wanted to share what I am running on my car. I have American Racing Torque Thrust II's. Up front are 18x7 with 225/40/ZR18 Nitto 55's. In the rear I have 18x8.5 with 255/45/ZR18 Nitto 55's. There is no offset (so the rim sits in the middle) on all 4. Here is a picture of what it looks like. The rears sit in just a little and the front's do not rub at all. The car has been lowered all the way around. The rear fenders were rolled prior to paint, although I don't think this would have mattered anyways.

She's clean and tastefully executed. There's something to be said for no graphics, black out paint, or other doo-dads.