Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chunk

69 C4 Shift kit/rebuild kit

Found one through summit for $92.39 http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=TRG%2DC4%2D67&view=1&N=700+301933+4294908331+4294925082+0

I'd like to just rebuild the tranny at the same time, so any thoughts on which rebuild kit I should get?

Trans Go also makes a good rebuild kit. are you going to try to do it yourself? or are you going to have it done? if you have it done i'd just let the rebuild shop get the parts they can get them much cheaper than you can

Hey chuck can you write up something on how to do this. I can't really afford to rebuild mine so if u can help me out that would be great...

Just wanna know what's involved in rebuilding a c4 so i can do mine....

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm doing research at the moment. I've bought the haynes transmission manual, and another manual is on the way. From what I've seen so far, the process seems fairly straight forward. All the shift kits I've been looking at can be installed with the transmission still attached to the car.

Thats the best advice I can give at the moment. I suppose when I get around to tinkering with the tranny, I could document my progress.