Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ForceFed70

Rocker Panel mouldings...am I outa luck?

I can't seem to find these rocker panel mouldings anywhere. Does anyone have suggestions for something even similar? The only thing I can find are really skinny mouldings, or the Mach1 mouldings. I kinda like these mouldings as they go well with the black vinyl top.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=590&stc=1&d=1157787035

not sure if those are even stock mustang moldings. if yours aren't bad they could be repaired and polished to look like new.

The fit is almost perfect.. I'd be surprised if it's not stock. But then again, I've never seen another car with the same mouldings. They are pretty rough.. especially on 1 side where I nailed it with a sledge hammer (don't ask).

The fit is almost perfect.. I'd be surprised if it's not stock. But then again, I've never seen another car with the same mouldings. They are pretty rough.. especially on 1 side where I nailed it with a sledge hammer (don't ask).

hey man pretty much any stainless molding can be fixed. just takes some small hammers and something soft to beat it against, a fine file some sandpaper and a cheap buffing wheel on your bench grinder or on the end of your drill if you don't have access to a bench grinder. if they are as bad as you say you probably can't hurt them anymore trying to fix them. worst case you could take them somwhere to have them fixed.