Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tazhog

Progress on my Mach1...

Wow! I had a great weekend... Finally, I'm so close to finishing stripping down my girl!!!

I removed front and back glass, steering box, steering linkage, front rotors, front springs and shocks, export brace under the hood and shock tower caps...

Next weekend... I'll remove the rear end, leaf springs, front control arms and completely stripped down!!!

I'm very excited! especially about being to the point in my project where every 5 minutes I spend on her... Is to rebuild her!!!

Hell yes!!! I'm close!!! and like the rest of you guys... I have some BIG PLANS for her...

I've budgeted 30,000 and am doing alot of the work myself... I have one picture my gallery album so far... It's the 69 mach1 with the 351W being pulled out!

Good Luck to the rest of you guys who are in my boat...

:taz:

It's good to know I'm not alone , it sound's like you had a good weekend on your car ,sound's about the way my weekend went ,NO ONE BOTHERED ME!!

It feel's good to make progress ,you'll have to post photo's as you move along. Good Luck Man!

It's good to know I'm not alone ' date=' it sound's like you had a good weekend on your car ,sound's about the way my weekend went ,NO ONE BOTHERED ME!!

It feel's good to make progress ,you'll have to post photo's as you move along. Good Luck Man![/quote']

Thanks, it's good to hear from someone who's in my boat... What are your plans?

Engine?

Drivetrain?

Exterior Color?

Maybe... I can get some good ideas from you!

Plus 69 Mach1 is the MuscleCar dream of any real freak!!! :)

For the moment I'm trying to get the body prepped for epoxy prime, it has so far,new quarters ,tail panel,rear frame rails,torque boxes,floors, rear inner,and outer wells,in the front radiator support, inner fenders,with the exception of the frame rails,and floor's ,I"ve used mostly Ford panels(that's why it's taken me 10 yrs to get this far ,trying to find original panels was a task)the car was purchased from a friend who did'nt change it from stock ,the last time he registered the car was 1983! It even still has the Kelly SuperCharger Tires he purchased in '72 ,it has the stock 351,4 speed ,Tach ,front disc brakes,fold down rear seat, as for the color, it will be original Black Jade & Flat Black hood ,last year I finally got the last piece of the puzzle, an original deck lid, it was off a wrecked Boss 302 ,from what the guy told me it was wrecked on the dealer lot!! ,it was in pristine condition till the UPS barbarians dented the one corner ,it's an easy fix ,and far better than rust! the only thing that won't be stock on the car will be a factory A/C setup, looking at your avatar ,why would you be taking that car apart?

69Mach1,

my avatar was created by GreaseMonkey... It's a photochop with rims and color to a Mach:) It's what my Mach should look like when finished...

My Mach is in the "Gallery"... It's the only one in there thats a project and not completed.

What do you mean by ford panels?