Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darz

Pics of the 428cj car

Heres the car I bought for 12000.00, it was originally a 351 4v car, but a 428cj car donated all her parts to this one. they did a great job keeping all the valuable and correct parts on it. It has the cast iron C6, 9" N case rear with 31 splines, correct radiator & shroud, manifolds. It has an Offenhauser intake though. There is absolutely no rust on this car. It needs paint, but its minor. Im planning on restoring it as a Q code car. The big block brakes are on it also, so somone spent alot of time on it. It needs a rim blow wheel also, the std wheel looks nasty. the clock & tach work. Somone cut speakers in the qtr trim panels too, so that will need new ones. I just didnt want to deal with rust, so I guess I got lucky with this car. It burns oil like nuts when warmed up, so the engine will probobly be rebuilt, and I will try to find a PI intake or a 4 X 2 intake.

I think I will keep the CJ & all its components in the car, it will be a Q code clone, I may even add a shaker later. I know selling the parts would bring $$, but a 428 is alot more fun than a 351 windsor. Im going to rebuild the 428 pretty much stock, Edelbrock performer rpm cam kit, forged pistons, balance it all, and drive it. If it was a cobbled mess, I would get rid of the big block, but it was done excellent, they kept the correct manifolds, linkages, radiator, shroud, fuel lines, tranny lines, fornt suspension, brakes, springs, rear end, etc. It was all taken off an actual Q code car & put on this car, I guess due to a crash. It will be worth more to me as a 428 car, verses a 351 car.