Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam3512

Grill Stuff

I just replaced mine and have a couple quick questions -

1. The plastic rivits used to attache the grill. I got them from MU. Do you tap the little post until it's flush with the plastic disk for total attachment?

2. I added a new Mustang "running horse" emblem. The old grill and emblem (I think they're original) had the horse attached 7 verticle spaces to the right from the center of the grill, so I put the new one in the same place. I've seen the emblem everywhere on the right side. Which is correct? Pakrat, you're looks like mine.

3. AGAIN, how do the inner headlight doors attach to the grill using the hole up top? I got new screws for the bottom slots, and have temporarily used small wire ties up top.

I am wondering the same thing about the Mustang emblem placement, my car came with the grill emblem in the glove box. the best reference i could find was this close up pic, this car has the emblem six spaces from the middle, so I have mine like this:

1969MustangMach1CobraJet428Fastback.jpg

Just looked at mine.. I had never been moved until this past weekend when I removed it from the grill to paint the red and blue and shine the pony. It is 6 from the left of center. The red tang pic above has it correct. Nice red tang there grease monkey.

Speaking of grill... Did you paint your's? If so, what did you use for paint?

In fact, I was going to paint all the interior panels. Just not sure which product to use. Last fall I bought 2 cans of paint. One for dye and one for painting. Put the cans side by side and they are the same except the hand placed stickers that supposedly designate either "paint or dye".

Makes you wonder. One and the same?