Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Paint Shop decisions.... help me if you can.

I have ran into a dilemma. The paint and body shop i originally planned on going with says they cannot get to my car until january. Their price is $3500 and have a 7-10 year gurantee. And i've heard really great things about this shop and have seen a 1968 camaro that was just stunning. Plus he says it will take 2 months to complete the body and paint job.

On the other hand i have another body/paint shop that can get to my car within 2 weeks. And it should take them about a month to do the work. Quoted at $3000-3500 for this shops work. The owner of this shop went over the car a little more thoroughly and pointed alot of things out about the body.

Which would you guys go with. I have a new transmission arriving in about a week and a half. Also a wiring harness thats just waiting to be installed, however we want the body work done before hand. Then we want to install it and have paint done.

Suggestions??

i'd go with the one that you really want to have do the work. i took mine to the guy who i have been wanting to my car forever. he originally told me about 1.5-2 months to do it all but his main business is collision work so it's actually going on 2.5 months but i would rather have him do it right than rush him on it and i'm honestly not too concerned with how long it takes as long as i don't get it back in the middle of winter anyway. point is don't settle for having someone else do the car because of self imposed time constraints unless it is your only transportation