mustangstofear

Covid vaccine

11 hours ago, Midlife said:

Correlations does not mean causality.

From the Phase 2 and 3 trials, people got Bel's Palsy (which usually goes away after a few days) as the same rate as the general population. 

https://www.verywellhealth.com/bells-palsy-covid-19-5093172

Unfortunately, in the link you posted it does not say if the bels palsey went away on its own or required medication to make it go away and it oes not say that it ever went away.

The problem is that bels palsey that is caused by the vaccine, may be a more serious form, and without any more info, it may be a permanent condition, so a lot more info regarding the outcome of patients that got bels palsey from the shot is needed. Also, the likely hood of the patients getting bels palsey naturally soon after they received the shot are astronomically small, therefore, it is reasonable to deduce that at least in the majority of the cases, the bels palsey was caused by the shot.

Again, coincidence and correlation does not mean causality.  The vaccine tests had people getting them 3,9, 37, and 48 days after vaccination in one trial and 32, 28, and 22 days after vaccination in the other, along with one person in the placebo group.  This does not mean, though, that one should dismiss Bell's Palsy out of hand, but needs to be monitored to see if the rate exceeds what is expected in the general population prior to the vaccine.

The article states at the very bottom:

For anyone who does experience Bell's palsy, the condition is treatable. Oral steroids, especially if administered within 72 hours of symptom onset, are highly effective at restoring nerve function. 

With anyone undergoing vaccine trials, the doctors most certainly would treat the patients. 

Now writing sarcastically, I experienced a severe case of constipation the next day after taking the COVID-19 vaccine.  It was so bad, I was full of sh!t for 14 days.  The vaccine must have caused it; there is no other rational explanation.  Just because one or two people state something out of the ordinary does not mean it was caused by whatever they claim.  While I correlated being constipated with the vaccine, I could have also started a long regiment of opioids (which causes severe constipation) or I could have an impacted bowel. 

No one knows how Bell's Palsy starts or what causes it, although it sometime seems to occur after a viral infection (https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bells-palsy/symptoms-causes/syc-20370028)

Without knowing the complete medical history of the woman above, simply accepting her statement that her Bell's Palsy is due to the vaccination is not warranted without further proof and investigation.  Based upon what is known about Bell's Palsy, however, it appears this may be a coincidence vice cause and effect.

I don't know what type of vaccine is going to be distributet in the US, but here's a short description of how the current vaccine candidates in Sweden (and EU in large) work:

57 minutes ago, mustangstofear said:

I share your concern, especially since I heard in the beginning of the year that an optimistic timeline for a new vaccine was 18 months at best, but from what I understand that timeline was with a traditional type of vaccine where you are injected with a veak version of the virus. This new type of mRNA-vaccine is apparently easier, and therefore faster to produce and can also be made to target the virus more effective. The technique in and of itself have been around for decades, but have never been approved for humans, not because they have failed initial testing, but because there haven't been any canditates. So for a vaccine for humans its pretty new, and probably needs alot of testing.

The problem that I see is that you can't know beforehand what the best way to go is. As stated in your link, a lockdown can be very effective at fightning the virus, but so can a non-lockdown or a vaccine be too. For everything to be as effective as it can be everyone must have the same goal. If there is alot of distrust in the goverment and the vaccine distributors (unfounded or not) then the population will be divided and both a lockdown and vaccine will be less effective than it could be, assuming both are effective.

As an example, Sweden and Japan are both countries that didn't do an outright lockdown, but Japan still has 5000 less deaths (8200 vs 3100) in a population of more than x12 that of Sweden (10M vs 126M). The Swedish goverment said that mask were inneffective in the beginning of the pandemic, while mask were almost universally in Japan. I'm not saying that is neccesarily the only reason, only that there are so many variables that can affect the outcome. Incompetent leaders, fake news, culture, slow reaction time etc. The list is long.

We'll see how the testing goes. I'm sceptical but hopefull.

Aside from Wikipedia here is some more flesh if someone want to engross yourself into the mRNA-vaccine. https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

On 12/28/2020 at 3:50 PM, newstang said:

I'm willing to be bi-partison on this.  I say we let All the Democrats get the immunization first :-)

Fully agree with this point.  As the CDC has made the choice of who is first and seems that I am in the last to get section, Over 60 and white male.

But that is fine with me as its my body, My choice and they can keep the special sauce for the snowflakes.

1 hour ago, Mach1Rider said:

Fully agree with this point.  As the CDC has made the choice of who is first and seems that I am in the last to get section, Over 60 and white male.

But that is fine with me as its my body, My choice and they can keep the special sauce for the snowflakes.

These are the same people that use that line "my body my choice" now its our turn

3 hours ago, Mach1Rider said:

Mach1Rider I am in the same group as you, over 60 white male. I am just hoping that companies do not start requiring their employees to get the vaccine to be able to work in their stores like some stories I am been seeing, especially since I work in retail.

On 12/30/2020 at 4:14 PM, Mike65 said:

Mach1Rider I am in the same group as you, over 60 white male. I am just hoping that companies do not start requiring their employees to get the vaccine to be able to work in their stores like some stories I am been seeing, especially since I work in retail.

Already happening ,my cousin was forced to get or give up her job ,she said she is having side affects but nothing major ,but i will opt out !

Just got to Florida last night and was watching something on regular TV that was actually accurate.  Of course this was something I already knew,  but was surprised it was on  public TV. It was about how our government started developing the virus here in 2014 with Fauci,  then decided a couple years later to send it to China and pay them 3.7 million to finish developing it. Gates has been involved since day one. They have had years to work on the vaccine while the virus was being developed.