69GT

Randalls rack

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on this forum. 

It's about time for me to replace my power steering pump, as it has started to leak. I did a randalls rack conversion a long time ago but I kept the original power steering pump. I tried going onto his website but it looks like it no longer exists? Did he go out of business?

If he's no longer around does anyone know how to adapt a newer pump to work with his rack and pinion? 

Thanks, 

Sean

I dont know what pumps he used.  But I would take it out, clean it, and look for any stamping with a Part number.  I believe Randall's racks were gm parts.  So if can find a part number u can have a parts store look it up in their reference guide.  Most likely they can get you a new pump pretty cheap.  I think most the main components in that kit were over the counter.

I was able to find an article with a picture of an old pump and one of his pumps side by side. I am pretty sure its a GM pump, but it isn't detailed enough to show a part number. It also looks like he had some sort of custom mounting hardware for it, so I don't think it would be a direct bolt on if I was able to identify the pump.9228633.jpg?width=620&

On 3/28/2020 at 9:43 PM, 69GT said:

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on this forum. 

It's about time for me to replace my power steering pump, as it has started to leak. I did a randalls rack conversion a long time ago but I kept the original power steering pump. I tried going onto his website but it looks like it no longer exists? Did he go out of business?

If he's no longer around does anyone know how to adapt a newer pump to work with his rack and pinion? 

Thanks, 

Sean

I think any pump would work. Why not just replace your stock pump with another stock pump?  

you could go with a GM type 2 either with tank on the pump or one that’s remote mounted but then your messing with brackets, adapting hoses etc. 

here’s a picture of a remote mounted tank GM type 2 on my buddy f100

3161FE0E-B051-4017-BBA5-C86664DF9436.png

I know this post is 2yrs old but trinity what set up is your buddies f100 for the power steering set up? I want to go the same route for my 351w. I have a March serpentine belt set up already but want to use the gm type 2 pump.