Caseyrhe

3 prong plug for courtesy lights

That plug is not reproduced.  I have been after NPD for many years to get someone to make it.  Maybe 2% have both locking tabs intact.  This plug is my pet part peeve for not being reproduced.  I could provide a plug and pigtail, but my business is down due to Hurricane Michael repairs until late this year...*sigh*

The red wire is for the door ajar relay, found only in 70 and up. 

I could be wrong, but pretty sure the 70 mustang didn't have a door ajar warning (only cougar).  The 3-wire switch is on cars with the Convenience Group Option and is only the passenger side switch, and it operates the seat back release solenoids when you open the door.  It was so you didn't have to press the lever to push the seatback forward. Assuming your car is assembled, there will be solenoids and wiring on your seats (orange and black wires).

The third wire on the passenger side switch is tied to a relay that has another wire going to the turn signal switch. I believe this is the key-on relay, which is valid if key in run and door is open.

0n 70s the driver side plug the third/red wire is for the key reminder buzzer. The buzzer sounds when key is in the ignition lock and the drivers door is open and. The passenger side has two wires. Blue w/black strip and green for 12v power to interior lights. These two wires are also wire 1 & 2 in driver's side plug.

Blue wire travels to d side from pass side. I believe it then plugs into a small wire adapter harness that plugs into the 3 prong male? 

Only 2 wires coming thru door, ground and a single green male end plug. 

26 minutes ago, Caseyrhe said:

Blue wire travels to d side from pass side. I believe it then plugs into a small wire adapter harness that plugs into the 3 prong male? 

Only 2 wires coming thru door, ground and a single green male end plug. 

I don't understand this at all...