Jack Wheeler

Windlace Caps - Were they used on 69 Mach1's

As near as I can tell, the item shown in the attached pictures is called a windlace cap.  It is part of the interior, which fits in the lower rear corner of the quarter window, on the inside of the car.  It is purely a cosmetic addition which appears to cover up the end of the windlace around the side windows.  The car I am working on is a 69 Mach1, and my question is, did all Mach1's have this piece?  The one in the pictures came with the car in a box of assorted pieces, so I assume it was on the car at one point.  However, I have seen a 69 Fastback (not a Mach1) which did not have this piece installed.  It could have just been an oversight on the part of the person who restored it.  Thanks for any guidance you can give me.

Jack Wheeler

Windlace Caps2.JPG

Windlace Caps1.JPG

Does anyone have any pictures on how the windlace is supposed to run behind the cap and where the single screw for the cap itself mounts to? I am also about to install the quarter trim windlace and was hoping to find a good picture of how this should terminate at the top. I do not have the originals to go by and it looks like I need to trim the grooved portion at about a 45% angle to slide farther up the channel. Thanks in advance for any help.

Trim Cap.jpg

Windlace.jpg

5 hours ago, SunnDogg said:

Does anyone have any pictures on how the windlace is supposed to run behind the cap and where the single screw for the cap itself mounts to? I am also about to install the quarter trim windlace and was hoping to find a good picture of how this should terminate at the top. I do not have the originals to go by and it looks like I need to trim the grooved portion at about a 45% angle to slide farther up the channel. Thanks in advance for any help.

Trim Cap.jpg

Windlace.jpg

Also needing this info.