Sea

Front Passenger Fender

Ok, so I had a tire blow out on the front passenger side at 40 MPH, took out the wheel well chrome trim and pushed the back of the fender out about a quarter inch .... trim is not salvageable :(   ..... however I believe I can save the fender ..... BUT ... <always a but in these things somewhere .... there are two bolts at the bottom rear of the fender that bolt up into the rocker panel??? I loosened the bolts to push the fender back in and the rear most bolt came out with the nut / body nut / mounting nut / I'm not sure what it's called nut .... it fits into a rectangular slot in the rocker ... well that nut piece is broken. not the nut actually but the wings / keepers / holderinplace things that keep the nut in the slot .... I've called all the usual suspects, CJ's, Mustang's Unlimited, California Mustangs, etc .. ad nauseam .... and they were about as helpful as my wife ... actually she was more helpful .... she said "you should ask those guys with the NICE cars on that website you're always looking at"  I'm still fuming about the way she emphasized "NICE cars" .... as if mine is a POS .... I may have to remind her that the trunk has plenty of room in it ....  anyway to sum it up, does anyone with a NOT so nice car know where to get mounting hardware for the front fender or the nut???  Thanks, Mike

Thank y'all for the quick reply ... I guess the guy I talked to a CJ's was either new, busy, or just getting ready to go on lunch break .... If y'all happen to be down around Memphis, TN and see a pissed off woman hitch hiking .... let her keep walking ....  :)     Mike