Sign in to follow this  
nickjames138

Gauge lighting is out but signals work?

So, I lost my tach after switching to an MSD ignition. (That's the first problem). I just went to switch all of my gauge lighting to LED none of the bulbs are working except for the turn signals. I got one gauge light working for a second and then it flickered out. The high beams light worked pretty well, but I changed the circuit board and I can't get it to work again. My clock light on the passenger side alsodoesnt work. My fuel and speedometer gauges and clock still work. Do I need to change the headlight switch? I keep hearing rheostat, but I don't know what or where that is?

May not be much help

When I went to the MSD there was a tach compensater thing i had to install to get the tach to work.

When I changed to LED dash bulbs almost nothing worked?????

Turns out the bulbs i used have a positive and a negative side....

flipped the ones that didn't work 180 .....All was good..

I'm not sure if this is your part of your problem but my friends and I have had a similar issue with led's. Most led lights aren't bidirectional meaning there is a definite positive and neg side. You have to have them plugged in so the correct wire on the light matches up with the correct contact of the circuit board. . I had an issue like this with a few of mine and just turned the light the other way and they started working. I figured it out be testing my lights with a 9v battery. You could touch the light to the battery and it wouldn't light up, I flipped it around the other way and tested it again and it worked. Try unplugging the twist in light holders for the ones that don't work one at a time and turn them so the tabs on it touches the opposite contact it was previously touching on the circuit board. This should work unless you have another issue.