RobotMan

My Son Mike's 69 Mach 1 Restoration

9 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

You know that saying ,he'l grow into it ? Haha! 

Started building my nephew a 65 fast back conversion ,had him cut the coupe apart and trim it out and we fit the panels together ,he has been sanding all the new metal by hand ! We are having all kinds of fun  .

20200215_152119.jpg

That is awesome!

I think there is more head room in the back of a '69-70 Sportsroof than there is in the current 2015-20 ... you need to be about 5'5" to sit upright in them.   I'm 5' 10" and was able to sit upright in my 2011 without my head hitting the back glass but not my 2016.

I'll have to remember to try and sit in the back of my friend's '70 Mach 1 this summer to see how it compares to my '16.      

Great progress on the car, I'm guessing Mike can't wait for it to be finally road worthy !!

Doug 

We got the instrument cluster all refurbished. Tested all light bulbs and gauges. Replaced lenses, bezels, circuit board, and voltage regulator. Blasted and painted all the metal housings and of course turned the odometer to zero.  Ready to install!

4CB83364-388D-4CE2-99E2-0D8941CF0DF6.jpeg

3E440ACE-4403-40EE-9F44-224BE2C209C8.jpeg

We have the motor almost trimmed out. We have been working diligently since we have lots of time on our hands!  I’m a bit away but thought I would go ahead and ask, does anyone have a standard checklist or procedure for starting up a newly rebuilt engine. I know quite a few items but wanted to get the input of others as I have only done it once a while ago. Getting old and memory is not as good as it use to be!

Thanks

Rick

C66C3095-A08B-4C9E-9189-9855FBF97325.jpeg

1 hour ago, GSEninja said:

Just spent the last 30 minutes enjoying this post, thanks for sharing and amazing progress! I cant wait till my son is old enough to turn some wrenches with me!

Spending quality time with your kids is very rewarding and provides memories you will get no where else. A project like this also teaches them great work ethic and rewards them for hard work!

1 hour ago, RobotMan said:

Spending quality time with your kids is very rewarding and provides memories you will get no where else. A project like this also teaches them great work ethic and rewards them for hard work!

100%! He's coming up on 5 right now and loves being in the garage with me.. woodworking is his current forte, hoping this continues for years to come!