69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Thanks.  On the right side in the first picture you’ll see four small round holes about an inch and a half in diameter. Those are for some computer coin fans, I have them hooked to my power amp turn on signal through a relay, and it’ll help cool the amp when it’s on

still awaiting on my engine to be finished, we are just waiting on Camshaft/Valvetrain and I will need to order a new set of 1 3/4 headers. I though I had 1 3/4 but they are 1 5/8 so Im contacting Ford Power Applications. 

a few things I purchased and waiting to test/install

• 2000 Cobra "R" Brembo Calipers.
  • New front cross-drilled rotors.

Also, anyone have any good recommendations for electric dual fans?

On 5/14/2021 at 4:17 PM, jesse69fastback said:

Swapped out the old radiator and crappy fan with a complete kit from West Coast Classic Cougar.  The kit includes a new 3 core 24” big block radiator, fan shroud, big block fan with clutch, and all the mounting hardware.  The swap was easy and fit was great.

Cooling System Upgrade Kit

7503934E-434E-4979-A8F3-8D10EEC9D515.jpeg

I did the exact same upgrade.  I love it and the only difficult part was getting the shroud around the trans cooling lines.

On 6/3/2021 at 10:04 AM, rwcstang said:

still awaiting on my engine to be finished, we are just waiting on Camshaft/Valvetrain and I will need to order a new set of 1 3/4 headers. I though I had 1 3/4 but they are 1 5/8 so Im contacting Ford Power Applications. 

a few things I purchased and waiting to test/install

• 2000 Cobra "R" Brembo Calipers.
  • New front cross-drilled rotors.

Also, anyone have any good recommendations for electric dual fans?

A lot of folks like the fit and price of the V6 Contour dual electric fan. I'm thinking of getting one to replace my Summit fan before it fails. 

On 6/6/2021 at 1:52 PM, RPM said:

A lot of folks like the fit and price of the V6 Contour dual electric fan. I'm thinking of getting one to replace my Summit fan before it fails. 

I have the Contour dual electric fans. If you have a 20" radiator, you have to use the 24" radiator along with the 24" radiator upper & lower mounts.

100_1171.thumb.jpg.7d93aed044321148089e56cccffcfe89.jpg

She’s going back to shop soon for LED headlights, alignment, & see if the seats out of my Viper ACR E fit. I put racing seats in the Viper. Also three is the issue of smoking in slow traffic we need to fix. I love driving it & people love this car.

21 hours ago, Mike65 said:

I have the Contour dual electric fans. If you have a 20" radiator, you have to use the 24" radiator along with the 24" radiator upper & lower mounts.

100_1171.thumb.jpg.7d93aed044321148089e56cccffcfe89.jpg

What year Contour ?  Let us know how well it cools.

She was at the shop. Fixed horn, brakes were pulling left, steering should be better now. Tried to install 2016 Viper seats but they don’t fit so I’ll buy some CORBEAU seats for her in July & reupholster in white leather w grabber blue stitching & SHELBY logo. Need to install an alarm & wire in radar detector cable.

CB013291-E4DC-4B07-90D5-C8AA4F3449D4.png

5 hours ago, Mountaineerfan said:

I did this to my convertible.  It cools great, and is perfect for parades, where you have lost of low-speed driving and sitting still.

do you mind sharing what relay or wire kit you used? 

I was thinking of using an external fuse box for these accessories. 

----------

Also, side note pulled the trigger on FPA 1 5/8 - 1 3/4 stepped headers from Stan. 

I sold my favorite rare car a couple hours ago to ensure I have the funds and time to finish my build this year.... turbo awd was fun but ill enjoy my mustang more. Especially since I won't have to worry about smog bull^#&#

I needed the space anyway to stop moving the mustang over next to the wall so I could work on this one. 

I just found out cops were doing smog checkpoints were I live. It's like a dui checkpoint but they smog your car if they feel suspicious about it.

My friend told me it looks like they are doing free car dynos ha ha ha

If RPM wasn't a ex cop, I'd say I F****** hated cops but since he was..... cops are great!

Screenshot_20210630-123655_Gallery.jpg

39 minutes ago, lalojamesliz said:

I sold my favorite rare car a couple hours ago to ensure I have the funds and time to finish my build this year.... turbo awd was fun but ill enjoy my mustang more. Especially since I won't have to worry about smog bull^#&#

I needed the space anyway to stop moving the mustang over next to the wall so I could work on this one. 

I just found out cops were doing smog checkpoints were I live. It's like a dui checkpoint but they smog your car if they feel suspicious about it.

My friend told me it looks like they are doing free car dynos ha ha ha

If RPM wasn't a ex cop, I'd say I F****** hated cops but since he was..... cops are great!

Screenshot_20210630-123655_Gallery.jpg

thats a a great looking Celica... it reminds me of the group b races in the 80's. Crazy the 90's JDM cars are going up in Value

54 minutes ago, rwcstang said:

thats a a great looking Celica... it reminds me of the group b races in the 80's. Crazy the 90's JDM cars are going up in Value

Thanks. After the monsters of group B were put away that's when toyota started the celica all-trac with the st165. The one I had was the next model the st185. The st185 won the wrc like 4 years in a row the the st205 came out and they were caught cheating with a turbo restrictor bypass allowing a extra 50hp. That was the end of the celica all-trac.  

I wish I was old enough to watch the group B races. 600hp death machines flying on jumps, around turns and into spectators! 

But yeah my car went up as well. I would of kept it longer but I don't have time to wait for that. 

On 6/29/2021 at 4:32 PM, rwcstang said:

do you mind sharing what relay or wire kit you used? 

I used a Jeg's dual fan wiring harness & relay kit & dual circuit breakers & fed the power from the solenoid to a power bar, then to the circuit breakers then to the relays.. Unfortunately the car is not running yet so I can not say how good it operates.

JEGS 10570: Dual Fan Wiring Harness & Relay Kit 30 Amp (185° on 170° off) | JEGS

100_1304.thumb.jpg.dd257a0326db3d87b5525601d3b6166f.jpg

100_1308.thumb.jpg.d4d9d3faacc52f696029359e921b5768.jpg