Sign in to follow this  
zach69grande

door panels with speakers and interior kits

Does anyone make a new deluxe door panel with provision for speakers?

my doors have the hole for speakers, my ratty panels have clean holes - but none of the replacement panels i see mention it? anyone have a source for them?

who has some experience with interior kits?

who offers the best bang for the buck?

I think the reason why you wont find deluxe door panels with speaker cut outs is because mustangs didnt come with speakers in the doors. Only the speaker in the dash. If your doors have holes in them for speakers, its because someone cut the doors. Im pretty sure about that but I could be wrong. I have seen grills for door speakers so I may be wrong.

69 and 70 doors did come with door speakers if you had a AM/FM radio or an 8 track player as an option.The grill is black and has the word stereo on it.NPD sells them but not concours correct.The door panels for the deluxe interior has a rectangular cut out on them.TMI interior is making them now.If the cutout isnt in them let me know and I can give you measurements on my originals.

Edited by 428scj

428scj is correct, 69 Mustangs did come from the factory (or dealership) with speakers in the doors. There were 2 different grilles, depending on whether you had the deluxe or standard interior. They look identical but the deluxe interior grilles have a curve to accommodate the carpet on the doors while the standard door grilles were flat on the back side. The standard version aren't reproduced ASFAIK, But they weren't always black, they were color keyed to the interior (red interior, red grille, etc)

awesome! thanks.. i saw something in my google searching with new TMI panels that have brushed aluminum inserts - they're listed for the 69 but i haven't seen one yet.. anyone have a link to their catalog or anything - the main company site doesn't have it.

Does anyone make a new deluxe door panel with provision for speakers?

my doors have the hole for speakers, my ratty panels have clean holes - but none of the replacement panels i see mention it? anyone have a source for them?

who has some experience with interior kits?

who offers the best bang for the buck?

This is my first post actually and sorry for having it late in time. im just wondering whether the doors panels for other ford models could be also used with stang. I have seen a lot of deluxe interiors but have different panels.

You could always make your own or have an upholstery shop make some in whatever design you'd like. I don't know of any other models that would have door panels that match the stang exactly in terms of window crank, handle and arm rest locations.