Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Fiero Seats

After what everyone's been saying about Fiero seats, I've been looking everywhere for a set. I finally scored a set tonight for $20.00! I figured, "what the Hell", they can't be that bad.

So the guy I bought them from parts out Fiero's and he has two more sets of seats. Let me know if anyone needs a pair. I'll sell them for cost plus shipping.

Mace

Good for you! Seems that only a year ago I would have been one of 5 or so Stangs with this conversion, not anymore, it's spreading like wildfire.

I might be able to find a home for a set, let me make some calls. If they are interested I'll tell them $50 and you can make a few bucks for your trouble and everyone wins.

Do you know what year they are from? With or without speakers, etc?

The one's I have are from an '84 and they do have speakers. I talked to MrMike about duplicating Mach 1 covers as I found some original '69 comfortweave material. He said no problem, I just nee to send the material to him and he can do it.

The one's I have are from an '84 and they do have speakers. I talked to MrMike about duplicating Mach 1 covers as I found some original '69 comfortweave material. He said no problem, I just nee to send the material to him and he can do it.

Yeah it's hard to find someone more eager to please then Mr. Mike, he's very easy to work with. So is he actually making a duplicate of the Mach pattern too, or using one of his existing patterns that is close but in the correct fabric?

Well, I'm assuming he'll use black leatherette for the sides and back and use the original comfortweave material for the center section which I'll send to him. He will also add a colored stripe, but I get to choose what color.

Well, I'm assuming he'll use black leatherette for the sides and back and use the original comfortweave material for the center section which I'll send to him. He will also add a colored stripe, but I get to choose what color.

Right, I meant if he was using one of his patterns/designs like Vetter or Italian which is close to a mach type but not exact or if he was making you a new custom mach pattern/design. The reason I asked is he was not doing custom when I ordered mine way back when but if he is now then maybe I can finally get him to make me a back seat cover matching the 88' style I got from him.

As far as fit/size etc... there is no difference between the model years only the original seat cover designs were different, favorable all boils down to what your needs are. 84' and 85' were the first two model years and the only ones to have speakers built into the headrest. 86' and 87' are identical except no speakers (they can easily be added though). 88' standard is identical to 86' - 87' but they also offered a deluxe version which has a lumbar support on the drivers seat with buttons located on the right hand side bolster. It is little more than an inflatable bag and a pump but it works well. These are not common and usually sell for quite a bit more. I recently came across a set here in NH that they were asking $400 for the pair.

Here's some pics

F_Seats_004.sized.jpg

To the left bone stock triple gray cloth/vinyl. To the right recovered in all vinyl Mr. Mikes Classic 88GT style with full ribbed seat and two different grain patterns matching stock 69' grains.

Seat_compare.sized.jpg

Fiero vs. stock 69' seat.

Interior_005.sized.jpg

Installed.

Thanks Pak. Here's what Mike said about trying to duplicate the Mach 1 interior:

"Thanks for the picture, The Fiero version of this would be called “Vetter style / regular 2-tone / add GT strap.

I will need 1 yard of Comfort-weave to do the “inserts”. This insert runs up from the floor / up under your knees / and up your back to the base of the headrest, as shown in the picture you sent.

Vetter Style means the pleats run horizontally on the seat inserts.

Regular 2-tone means the comfort weave stops at the base of the headrest.

Add GT Strap means add the color strap to a vetter style seat, normally this strap is only on my Fiero GT seats.

The only Mustang vs. Fiero issue would be; if you want the strap where it normally is, or up higher at the base of the headrest."

Well, I guess the easiest thing to do is put it in the top horizontal pleat like his GT seat but I think if he is willing to do it a little higher in the base of the headrest that it will look more authentic from a design perspective. I'll try them both in the photochop. What color stripe?

Nah man sorry, life just got in the way a little. Everything hit the fan this week at work and I am trying to book an emergency trip to China and my passport expires next month so they won't give me entry and blah blah blah it's been crazy. I'll get to it ASAP.

Nah man sorry, life just got in the way a little. Everything hit the fan this week at work and I am trying to book an emergency trip to China and my passport expires next month so they won't give me entry and blah blah blah it's been crazy. I'll get to it ASAP.

Not my best work but I did up a quickie of option one during lunch for you (dropped a glob of tuna on my keyboard too, yuck). I had to fake in some texture to give it the comfort weave look and I left it slightly contrasting so that could be seen but you get the idea. It'll take just a few seconds to move the strap up for the option 2 look-see.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2876&d=1208540595