rwcstang

WTB - 69 coupe QTR Moldings + Upper Door Still plate cover and brakcets

Looking for a pair of original QTR Moldings for a coupe, didn't like how the repops fit.

2760.jpg

Im also looking for the following: 

Driver side upper door cover plate for standard interior (where the innner window felt belt line mounts to) w/ alignment brackets. 

Good luck!  My personal experience is that if you buy the repops and and fuss with them long enough - you will inadvertently lower your standards and say something along the lines of “well the shiny chrome makes up for the shitty fit”.

29 minutes ago, JayEstes said:

Good luck!  My personal experience is that if you buy the repops and and fuss with them long enough - you will inadvertently lower your standards and say something along the lines of “well the shiny chrome makes up for the shitty fit”.

exactly what Im dealing with now. would be great if I learned how to use CAD/3D print which I would make my own set.
Im surprised Daniel Carpenter is not making these sets, Ebay sellers are inflating the price.

Ive got a CAD tool, and some limited self-taught skills.  The hard part here is getting the existing shape right into the CAD to start from.  I did see a video on how to use an iphone ot build a 3D mesh though.  Would be fun to build this thing in CAD and have one fabbed.  It would have to be forged from pot metal and chromed/polished.  Can't imagine that would be easy tor cheap to get from a vendor.  As usual the trouble with these things is there isn't much  of a market.  I'm interested in tinkering with it perhaps...

50 minutes ago, JayEstes said:

Ive got a CAD tool, and some limited self-taught skills.  The hard part here is getting the existing shape right into the CAD to start from.  I did see a video on how to use an iphone ot build a 3D mesh though.  Would be fun to build this thing in CAD and have one fabbed.  It would have to be forged from pot metal and chromed/polished.  Can't imagine that would be easy tor cheap to get from a vendor.  As usual the trouble with these things is there isn't much  of a market.  I'm interested in tinkering with it perhaps...

yeah, I don't care much for the material, just as long as it doesn't crumble or melt under the sun, but if 3d model was dipped in chrome, I don't think it would be an issue.

On 7/25/2021 at 6:11 AM, EastYorkStang said:

Since you’ve got to Chrome the new 3D piece. What would it take to modify what you already have then rechrome the fixed piece. 

One thing I've noticed about the repops: 

• the mounting screw holes are not positioned correctly for the molding to sit flush against the body. I've seen ppl re-drilling a new hole or removing material in the existing hole to make it sit flush.  
  • Even when flush, The repops tends to expand the window rail molding. I know a dremel tool can fix that and remove some material, only thing is I need to figure out how much material I need to remove. 

These molds are its not a major issue for me so I can live with it, but visually, it get be made to fit nicely with out any mods.