Viperpete

Boss 9....eventually

Hey all.

Give a little history. This project was supposed to be done with my dad. He passed away in 2019 and i didn't touch the car since. Why a Boss 9? My dad had 2 of them, and one of them had a 494 aluminum block. He sold them years ago but I always wanted one. So I bought a Mustang on ebay in 2018. The sellers did a pretty good job of making a car that was probably dragged out of a field, sellable. I have lovingly referred to it as my grey turd ever since. Originally was a Acapulco Blue base fastback. Only 3 options. Automatic, factory AC, and power steering that I know of. 302 and a C4. Car ran and drove sort of. I had to rebuild the tranz, rewired the car, had to replace the rear end, nothing electronic worked in the car. The dash was literally full of sand. Its been parked in the garage for the last couple years. 

For an ugly s.o.b girls sure like it LOL

TLWju9qg.jpg

711.jpg

So more recently I got the bug to get the project going already. Built a rotisserie and ordered a butt load of parts from Mustangs to Fear. Bought a floor pan from NPD (they are 10 miles away)

Yesterday my brother and I tore into the car. It's almost a bare shell. Just have to remove the front suspension/brakes and other bits.

There is a lot of rust. A lot of deterioration. I need you guys to help me figure out what is reparable and what needs to just be replaced. 

As far as I can the following are in good shape/easily repairable:

Front fenders

Bumpers

Exterior cowl

Fold down rear seat

Hood 

Trunk Lid

Doors maybe? 

Parts on order:

Full floater 9" rear with brakes

MTF Watts link

MTF Long subframe with IFS and brakes

MTF minitubs

MTF roll bar 

MTF radiator support and cross member

MTF frame stiffeners 

and some other things

The plan was to cut out the old floor, install new. Mount on rotisserie and then media blast the car to really see what's what. But with so much rust I'm not sure what to do.

IMG-3829.jpg

IMG-3830.jpg

IMG-3835-jp.jpg

IMG-3836-jp.jpg

IMG-3837-jp.jpg

IMG-3838jp.jpg

IMG-3840-jp.jpg

IMG-3842jp.jpg

IMG-3843jp.jpg

IMG-3844jp.jpg

IMG-3845jp.jpg

IMG-3846jp.jpg

IMG-3847jp.jpg

IMG-3848jp.jpg

IMG-3849jp.jpg

IMG-3850jp.jpg

jp.jpg

IMG-3851jp.jpg

IMG-3852jp.jpg

IMG-3853jp.jpg

IMG-3855jp.jpg

IMG-3856jp.jpg

IMG-3857jp.jpg

IMG-3858jp.jpg

IMG-3859jp.jpg

IMG-3860jp.jpg

IMG-3861jp.jpg

IMG-3862jp.jpg

Please let me know what yall think.

I don't thing the rot in the inner roof structure is common ... at least I've never seen anything like that.   As it it was upside down for a while !!

The real body men need to get in here and comment !!

Doug