69convert

Looking For Nice Set of Original M U S T A N G Trunk Letters

My original set was relatively nice but they needed new chrome. After looking into the cost, I went with a repro set with pins (not the stick-on kind) and was pleasantly surprised. All the pins but one lined up well with the holes in the deck lid. I worked the one that didn't fit with a file and it worked out well. Something you may want to look into, as a really nice set of originals may be hard to find.

Not the best photo but here they are...

DSCN1494.JPG

11 hours ago, 69RavenConv said:

My original set was relatively nice but they needed new chrome. After looking into the cost, I went with a repro set with pins (not the stick-on kind) and was pleasantly surprised. All the pins but one lined up well with the holes in the deck lid. I worked the one that didn't fit with a file and it worked out well. Something you may want to look into, as a really nice set of originals may be hard to find.

Not the best photo but here they are...

Thanks Phil.  Can you tell me what brand of repro set you used? I have heard the Scott Drake set has multiple issues.

George 

26 minutes ago, 69convert said:

Thanks Phil.  Can you tell me what brand of repro set you used? I have heard the Scott Drake set has multiple issues.

It's been several years, I will look tonight to see if I have any record of when and where I bought them.

9 minutes ago, EastYorkStang said:

Are they all the same regardless of body style ?

Pretty sure they are.

Well, I looked through my big box o' paper tonight and couldn't find a receipt for them. More than likely I picked them up at a swap meet a long, long time ago Close Mouthed Smile Smiley

It looks like Scott Drake is the only supplier these days and like you said, they get mixed reviews (I looked). I don't think mine were Scott Drake but I really can't remember and I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

Sorry I can't be more help. I guess you could re-chrome some OEM, or go stick-on, or take a chance on a $16 set that might be crooked.

3 hours ago, 69convert said:

Thanks for taking the time to look Phil. I got (what  I am hoping is) a pretty clean set of original's on eBay.  Hopefully they will work.

No problem. Good luck, a little buffing and those should work. Report back on the fit if you can.