unilec

Skynet's coming.

2 hours ago, unilec said:

We have to think of the billions of people world wide that will be out of work because of this ever advancing technology.

That comment has been used since the industrial revolution began, starting at around 1760, for all manner of new inventions. People have to know how to design, build and maintain the robots. And we don't want a true AI, that's the stuff of nightmares. 

On 1/3/2021 at 1:48 PM, unilec said:

The question I would ask is when is this going to end, when will we be satisfied and say this is enough.

Based on events and inventions throughout all of human history, the anser is never!

21 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

That comment has been used since the industrial revolution began, starting at around 1760, for all manner of new inventions. People have to know how to design, build and maintain the robots. And we don't want a true AI, that's the stuff of nightmares. 

If by "true AI" you mean something like in "2001: A Space Odyssey" then yes, that would be bad. I don't really see how we can avoid creating something like an AI eventually though, especially since the advancements in computer power increase the rate of progress in all scientific fields at an exponentially rate far greater than anything before. Humans are not very good at working all together for a common goal, so even if we can see something bad coming (which I think is especially hard when everything is going so fast) I'm not sure we can prevent it. And I don't neccesarily mean AI Overlords kind of bad.

The video had me fascinated and smiling though. :)

24 minutes ago, mustangstofear said:

Or Gender. Speaking of that Biden's team of losers is trying to eliminate the word man and men. Seems the feminist doesn't like the word  MANDATE  LOL.

I believe it was George Carlin who many years ago had a piece on eliminating the word man. The bit ended on the job title mail man. Mail person was to be used until they found mail sounds like male, so it was better to use the words person person instead of mail man. Who knew Carlin would be so prophetic in his gig.

2 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

Or Gender. Speaking of that Biden's team of losers is trying to eliminate the word man and men. Seems the feminist doesn't like the word  MANDATE  LOL.

Paraphrasing from the Journal of Irreproducible Results (yes, that is a real journal)...

Woman is sexist, as it contains the word "man", so...

Woperson is also sexist, as it contains the word "son", so...

Woperchild is not sexist, but spot on!