Luis2995

After almost 2 years, i finally got that 1969 mustang

TX inspection tag says 1989, not 1999 like i initially thought. Car looks to be mostly complete and minimal rust underneath. The interior was redone in a questionable red velour but nothing thta cant be fixed. No hydraulic steering,  power brakes or ac. Doesn't look too modified except for the traction bars.

Will be borescoping the engine soon and if the cylinder walls look good I'll put new fuel pump on and a carb kit to see if it fires up. 

Does anyone have experience with restoration shops in or around Houston? I'd like to get some ballpark quotes on getting this car back to stock with new black vinyl interior and fresh paint. 

Also, i need a set of wheels and tires because these barely held on while i moved it. Will newer mustang take-offs clear the drum brakes and hub bore? 

Thanks! 

20201222_153126.jpg

20201223_150752.jpg

20201222_153139.jpg

20201222_153132.jpg

Nice score Luis. I moved your thread here to the Project forum. Steve and Glen Buzik own and operate Steve's Mustang Parts in Waller. I know them personally, they are stand up people you can trust. 

Late model wheels will fit, as long as you run ~1" adapters to clear the upper ball joint. 

Screenshot_20201228-140200_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4c943553940e2e47680daeb08a02614f.jpg

4 hours ago, Caseyrhe said:

I’ll have to ck it out, 20 min from the house

If it's 20 minutes from your house Casey, it's nowhere near Luis's house in Houston  :)