Sign in to follow this  
edwardthomson51@yahoo.com

70 BLOWER RESISTOR WITH NON A/C

THE RESISTOR ON A 70 MUSTANG COUPE HEATER BOX HAVE  4 PRONGS FOR WIRES......OR 3 ?  THE OLD ONE ON MY OLD BOX HAS THE 4TH ONE EITHER CUT OFF OR BROKEN OFF FROM AGE.....I HAVE ANOTHER USED ONE ILL PUT ON BUT IT HAS THE BOTTOM FORTH PRONG ON IT.........AND I BELIEVE THE BLOWER MOTOR WIRE GOES TO THAT ONE........??????

MY OLD BOX IS GONE AND THE WIRING SO I HAVE TO FIGURE OUT THE WIRING

THANKS

ED

The 69 had a 3 prong plug. I would think the 70 is the same.  I think the resistor has 4 prongs, the 4th one goes to teh blower.  So I think you are correct, the 4th prong goes to the blower motor.  

the used resistor i am going to use is rusty and ill evaporust it to clean it up....  i would rather put a new one in it since the box is a repo new one...........and the blower motor is new...

and the wiring will be new   (using painless)......    first harness i am doing so i am trying not to make mistakes.....

ed

On 12/22/2020 at 5:38 AM, edwardthomson51@yahoo.com said:

THANK YOU FOR CONFIRMING THAT......ILL BUY A NEW ONE NOW........MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

ED

Or find an electronics enthusiast, fixing it is not difficult.