Northernstang

In the beginning

Sanderson headers. They make headers for pretty much any engine if I remember correctly. They are pretty tight. I had to tweak them a bit to clear the steering box and the back of the right side shock tower. Also had to make a custom Z bar for the clutch linkage. 

Hard to believe it has been almost a year since I last posted. Life took a u- turn and my hobbies got put on the back burner. Hopefully this year will be better. Leaking rear engine oil seal turned into complete  removal and disassemble. I managed to save the block , just got back from the machine shop 0.040 over. The rest was garbage. So I guess I should have found engine parts and built my own engine in the beginning instead of buying a “built “ engine from a supposedly fe builder. Expensive lesson learned.

As a fellow big block Mustang owner, I like it! And this reminds me, I should create a thread on my car.

FE valvetrain is complex, be sure to install the oil restrictors in the heads and spring for decent valvetrain. Also, do multiple test fits of the intake to the block heads. Since they all meet - the intake has to match on 3 sides. I just installed a Performer RPM and despite spending almost $700 on the intake, had to grind every bolt hole slightly to align to the heads (also Edelbrock). This problem only gets worse when the block has been decked.