unilec

Space saver spare?

20 hours ago, RogerC said:

Just the sportsroofs due to limited trunk space

Great, thanks for that, mine must have disappeared on the ride over here. Also looking into the more modern space savers, just not sure if the stud pattern is the same.

I am unable to tell you what vehicles my garage rollers came from but I went to the local auto scraper asked if they had anything with the bolt pattern. The sent me to a guy and he pulled out a couple and sold them to me for $20 each. I do not know if they will fit without hitting the caliper on the front. If I get a chance I will check them out tomorrow.

On 11/13/2021 at 7:17 PM, jjstang said:

I'm reviving this post because Aslanefe didn't get an answer to his question.

Is there a doughnut spare that will fit our cars?

Thanks

jj, I bought a 1970 Grande couple months ago that came with a doughnut spare on one side of the rear axle (as the tire on the matching wheel is not holding air). It is a 16 incher and stamped USA on it. Do not know what vehicle it is from and have not found a part number on it with a quick look. I tried that on the front of the car which has factory disc brakes and it clears the caliper etc. The hub diameter is a little bigger (about 1/8"-1/4" bigger) but the lug patterns fits.

So, there is a doughnut spare from a newer vehicle which is USA made that fits 1970 with factory disc brakes, but I do not know which vehicle it is from (yet).

IMG_1579.jpg

Well it sounds like there is hope.  I was talking to a guy today, indicated it might not solve my problem.  With the battery in the trunk I was trying to fit a spare.  Are the space saver smaller in overall diameter?

On 12/16/2020 at 8:57 AM, unilec said:

Great, thanks for that, mine must have disappeared on the ride over here. Also looking into the more modern space savers, just not sure if the stud pattern is the same.

I have a feeling the VColvo is the same pattern. I need to check with my wife's S60. If so, she won't need it!

On 11/18/2021 at 6:01 PM, bigmal said:

I have a feeling the Volvo is the same pattern. I need to check with my wife's S60. If so, she won't need it!

I just tried my wifes S60 spare and close but noo cigar. Back to the drawing board.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:22 PM, jjstang said:

Well it sounds like there is hope.  I was talking to a guy today, indicated it might not solve my problem.  With the battery in the trunk I was trying to fit a spare.  Are the space saver smaller in overall diameter?

I believe there are different size rim (and tires) of doughnut spares for different vehicles. And different bolt patterns and hub diameters. May be you need a trip to a junk yard.

https://www.roadkillcustoms.com/wheel-bolt-pattern-cross-reference/5x4.5-wheel-bolt-pattern-5x114.3mm-5x4.50-inches/

Go this off the old interweb. You can search by bolt pattern and see what vehicles use it. Might be a little outdated as the newest vehicle I see is '08.