lalojamesliz

Replacement seats for 69 coupe with convertible rockers

Whats a popular choice for replacement seats? 

I wanted to re-uphoslter my original but they lack any support so I'd rather buy a new set.  I like having a adjustable headrest but I'm open to ideas.  I'd also like to install some type of harness in the future. 

I'm only about 5-7 180lbs....

I saw some 2019 mustang seats for 1200 but I have now idea if they will fit. What do you guys recommend?

Had to sleep.

Hey guys, they are from a 2011 mustang GT California special 

Those Recaro's look fantastic but at 6x what I paid!  I'm happy with ones I bought but now I need to make them work. The two fronts are power seats so ill either have to figure out how to wire up the motors or just make them manual seats with my original rails. 

I saw a guy with a 70 fastback install the front and rear seats just like the ones I bought so fingers crossed for the rears fitting.  I know I'll need to install rings for the backs to latch too

I really wanted the Fiero seats in mine. I just couldn't find any close that were a decent price. I ended up buying Infinity Q50 front and rear seats for $200. The front seats were larger than I expected. I re-sold the fronts for $200 and did some mods to the rear. They were too tall like the seats you have. I shortened the bottom seat and put the top section behind the bottom, making it sit lower. It still sits a tad high but I think they will work.

I bought Scat seats for the front. They look and feel good. I'm a little worried about how long they will last though. Not sure the quality of the material. I made my own tracks for them since they wanted $80 each for Mustang specific tracks.

2019-01-29 15.41.28.jpg

2020-04-08 11.17.46.jpg

2020-04-08 11.49.10.jpg

2020-04-14 13.53.03.jpg

2020-07-10 14.19.54.jpg

2 hours ago, Len69Coupe said:

I really wanted the Fiero seats in mine. I just couldn't find any close that were a decent price. I ended up buying Infinity Q50 front and rear seats for $200. The front seats were larger than I expected. I re-sold the fronts for $200 and did some mods to the rear. They were too tall like the seats you have. I shortened the bottom seat and put the top section behind the bottom, making it sit lower. It still sits a tad high but I think they will work.

I bought Scat seats for the front. They look and feel good. I'm a little worried about how long they will last though. Not sure the quality of the material. I made my own tracks for them since they wanted $80 each for Mustang specific tracks.

2019-01-29 15.41.28.jpg

2020-04-08 11.17.46.jpg

2020-04-08 11.49.10.jpg

2020-04-14 13.53.03.jpg

2020-07-10 14.19.54.jpg

So for the set $123,456 - $200 (front seats) = $123,256..... I think you pid a tad too much man lol

But seriously I really like your idea of MAKING it fit.  I can't remove from the bottom part but I can definitely remove some from the bottom of the back parts to lower the height!

Plus I'm sure I'll still be able to keep the fold down option by just moving the hinges up.  I need to go to bed but I think I'm going to dissect the seats instead by cutting them open on the bottom.  

Nice part about leather is I can just stitch it back up.  Thanks man!

The shortened one is on the right.... 

It fits much better! Now I'll sort out the mounting and aligning and ill have my rear seats :) at least for now.

I sat in the shortened side and the headrest was perfect height.

The bench part of the rear seat isn't as wide as the original so it has a gap on both sides. About 2 inches roughly.  I'll figure something out

20201206_084031.jpg

1 minute ago, lalojamesliz said:

The shortened one is on the right.... 

It fits much better! Now I'll sort out the mounting and aligning and ill have my rear seats :) at least for now.

The bench part of the rear seat isn't as wide as the original so it has a gap on both sides. About 2 inches roughly.  I'll figure something out

20201206_084031.jpg

I was going to say why not lower the top of the bottoms where they meet with the backs (like the original Q50 back seat bottom) and keep the backs the way they are and you posted with a shortened back..

The wiring for the power seats was surprisingly easy. Snipped the wires i believed that were positive and negative from the seat harness plug and connected them to a battery and success!

Now my mustang will have both front power seats :)

Since the seats can rise and lower i probably can get rid of the seat pans. I'll find out when I install my convertible inner rockers. 

I've no idea. But a search for any 2017 Mustang seat fit would tell you. I'm pretty sure I've seen a post somewhere on a Mustang forum where the stock seat was installed. 

Hey Bob,  I'm back again ha ha ha 

I have a lot to do and my goal is to get that beast running by the end of this year.  I'll have to man up and work through the heat. 

Screw my budget.... I'll get what I need to get this going this year

I upgraded my welder and some other stuff for my garage.  I'm about to reinforce my shock towers and control arms hopefully tomorrow.