Sign in to follow this  
Rcodenewf

How to refinish these brackets/moulding 70 convert

Just seeing what you guys have done to these two pieces for refinishing. The first is the moulding that goes above the windshield on the inside. The rearview mirror attaches to it and it connects at both to the sunvisor brackets. It was rusty when i removed it..it cleans up like stainless but isn't. Not sure if i should paint it and with what.

Second photo is the sunvisor brackets ..these appear to be potmetal or aluminum.

Just looking for ideas. thanks..John

20201124_172119.jpg

20201124_172126.jpg

I cleaned mine up and am painting them black. I know they were originally chrome. To me the inner pillar post trim is black and I think it will look better matching all the way around the inner window. 

Both great ideas. Kris the inner pillar mouldings on this car will be black as well. That might work. Raven: I had initially contemplated doing the moulding in a silver or light argent colour. There are a few pits in the brackets but for the most part i should be able to polish most of them out if i go that route.

I guess if i go the black or silver route i can always have that piece powdercoated as we get a lot of it done through my son's business.

Thanks guys, ...John