Nuzzlet

Headers for Borgeson Power Steering box 351w 69' Mustang

Are you using stock engine mounts? I'm not sure how close your fittment is, but moving your engine over 1/4-1/2" might help.  I got Ron Morris motor mounts to get clearance for my headers (not with Borgeson box though)

On 11/23/2020 at 4:41 PM, Flanders said:

Are you using stock engine mounts? I'm not sure how close your fittment is, but moving your engine over 1/4-1/2" might help.  I got Ron Morris motor mounts to get clearance for my headers (not with Borgeson box though)

Yes I am. I hear people fit the 302 headers on 351s by dropping the engine almost 2 inches. It might help, I really don't want to go custom. I also heard that the foxbody 5.0 headers clear the floor pan with stock motor mounts. I'm gonna try to find somebody to verify that for me. Thank you!

I’m running the borgeson box on a 351W based stoker. Used FPA headers and Ron Morris mounts to shift the engine to the passenger side for clearance.

This was a few years ago, I believe that FPA has redesigned their headers to work with the Borgeson box, so the Ron Morris mounts would not be necessary.

Suggest you give FPA a call first.

9 hours ago, jpfll said:

I’m running the borgeson box on a 351W based stoker. Used FPA headers and Ron Morris mounts to shift the engine to the passenger side for clearance.

This was a few years ago, I believe that FPA has redesigned their headers to work with the Borgeson box, so the Ron Morris mounts would not be necessary.

Suggest you give FPA a call first.

Thanks! I called and they make a kit that's $1200 said and done. Seems so not worth it, especially considering I'd have to find some sort of exhaust to match it. 

I gotta be able to find some headers off the shelf or used that fit for under $600

I have a '70 Convertible with a 351W and Borgeson Power Steering.   Have Hedman Shorty headers.  (Elite Ultra Duty HTC Coated #88658).  They fit fine.

To ensure a good fit, I did use adjustable motor mounts.  I installed the headers with the engine out of the car, so this allowed me to move the engine to the passenger side a little during the install.  I highly recommend this, as I also moved the engine slight back to give me some more room up front with my cooling fan to pulley clearance.

I also had to keep the exhaust very tight to the floor pan and get it routed on top of the convertible cross brace/plate. So the shorty headers did the trick.  I used stage 8 locking bolts and no leaks so far.  Credit to the beautiful exhaust fabrication to Mike (Latoracing), who is on the forum.

IMG_0628.JPG

stroker.jpg

IMG_1546.thumb.jpg.84f153738aaee1b915352d28afce08a0.jpg

IMG_1548.thumb.jpg.9bd8ef1134df710e19c18932e7f895a8.jpg

IMG_6149.JPG

IMG_6929.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg