Sign in to follow this  
danno

1969 tach dash available

A  1969 tach and dash instruments is available on Craigslit in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.  Price it $1100.  From others I have seen, that is a reasonable price for one.   One is on ebay for $1500.  The buyer needs to be aware of wiring needed to be able to use this; you cannot just plug it in to a car without a tach. 

You need a new underdash harness and under hood harness to make this work.  Existing harnesses can be converted, but it is some work to do it. I also understand they make an adapter kit to convert from regular to tach harness.  That would not be too difficult.   

What do you think of the price?  

If you want original its not a bad price.  It looks to be in very good condition and the tach has been rebuilt.  Might want to inquire on who and what was rebuilt. The price gone up considerably in the past 7 years! 

8 hours ago, Alan_Mac said:

If you want original its not a bad price.  It looks to be in very good condition and the tach has been rebuilt.  Might want to inquire on who and what was rebuilt. The price gone up considerably in the past 7 years! 

Yes, they have gone up and will probably continue.  When I see Mach 1's selling for the $50,000 to $100,000 range, it does not surprise me.  How can you have a Mach without a tach?  It should have been standard equipment on them. 

I paid $570 for a really nice factory tach set out of a shelby back in 2011.  Considering how hard these are to find, 2x price, 10 years later is not bad.  I had redline put modern internals in the tach to run it directly from my Crane fireball CD box, so no harness work needed.