Bishop1911

Help for 69 mach 1 alignment

On 10/23/2020 at 12:18 PM, Brian Conway said:

All possible area's that need a good look...   Early on in the VMF discussion Hemikiller pointed out that the UCA was not correct.  In that same discussion Bishop posted this picture of the in correct UCA. 

Phentermine Diet Pills

Obviously, to me, the spindle and  ball joint are out of alignment.  Seem that way to anyone else ?  As of today has the UCA been replaced ?  Speculation; if the UCA and ball joint are collapsing forward the LCA would need to be pulled forward just to line up with the UCA ?  Brian

69 Shop Manual Strut Rod.jpg

Bishop UCA.jpg

Wow that amazing information...

Ok, so putting the smaller tire on the front, doesnt look bad at all and we got ourselves into alignment spec.  I will get receipt and post specs later, but it now has 4.2 snd 4.4 degrees of caster.

It now pulls back to center better bit still nothing quite like a new car.

The guys in the shop said maybe to check out the ram because that is what helps it assist back.  Or that maybe this is the best it is.  It holds a straight lone down road, no prob.  Still can be slightly touchy but may be normal for these years.  

I had someone tell me that that is just what this year car will drive like without a major steering component upgrade.  

Is that the case?  Do others have theirs return to center like a new vehicle with the older steering stuff?

At least it is drivable and we can get thru.

These cars will not drive and feel like a new car.  It takes some effort on your part to drive an older car or truck.  They are not as refined as todays cars and trucks.  Using a new car as for comparison is not a good idea.  In my opinion, aftermarket steering upgrades will not come with other issues.