Viperpete

Floor replacment

I thought I remembered seeing a thread with a complete floor pan replacement. I am going to get the one from NPD in a couple months and want to wrap my mind around what it's gonna take. I think i remember seeing the car on jack stands. Does anyone know what im talking about?

Full floors are the way to go IMO. They are fairly easy to install and look much better than long pans once completed. The up front cost of the pan looks a little steep, but is much quicker to install. I highly recommend full floors.  

On 10/15/2020 at 2:55 PM, newstang said:

i have more if you need them

Ya know, that just makes all us original floor guys jealous... Could you try to be less obvious about how much better that is?  Really, it's not making my life any better... ;-)  I busted my ass to get my half-ass, sort of ok, patchy-weldy floor into the "acceptable" range.

8 hours ago, JayEstes said:

Ya know, that just makes all us original floor guys jealous... Could you try to be less obvious about how much better that is?  Really, it's not making my life any better... ;-)  I busted my ass to get my half-ass, sort of ok, patchy-weldy floor into the "acceptable" range.

dont feel bad, for my convertible i had to do it in pieces after making a jig.  

IMG_0365.jpeg

I used 8 screw jacks. Used a laser level for a datum line adjusted to the factory specs.  I think one piece floor pan was probably less work in the long run. Especially when you start removing metal and start chasing new found rust. 

09306A71-36D7-4232-A050-CE7BE54ED05A.jpeg

98F356AC-3DC6-4300-960F-9FD1D41B87C8.jpeg