Sign in to follow this  
RescueF250

Book/Manual options

So whats the best book/manual for our 69 mustang complete breakdown of parts, body parts, brackets, support bracing etc. it seems im missing alot from the one I bought recently trying to figure exactly what is needed via Cjpony is becoming PITA

I'd stay away from CJs and use NPD. CJs has a horrible customer service reputation. 

I don't know if there's any one good book. I have the Osborne set of books and also the 2 book set of the Ford shop manuals. 

23 minutes ago, RPM said:

I'd stay away from CJs and use NPD. CJs has a horrible customer service reputation. 

Just my experience; I have been using CJ Pony and NPD for a long time and have not had any problems with either of them. Any problems with my orders have been handled to my satisfaction from both and have a lot of stuff with minor damage replaced by CJ and was told to keep the damaged parts which could be repaired with not a lot of effort. Did not have any problems returning an item because of fitment issues either from both vendors. Have a stash of parts bought from CJ sales events for my projects waiting in line to be restored at half off may be more compared to prices of other vendors.

The 69 Owners Manual (glove comp.) is a good start.  Then depending on the type of ' restoration ' you envision, I suggest, the 69 Shop Manual's.  There are other paperback resources including the Osbourne Manuals.  Then depending on the type of drive train; this site,  Concours Mustang  and the 428 CJ sites are all good resources.  Brian 

69 Shop Manual 1-5 a.JPG