RescueF250

69 Coupe Project.

Hey guys came across this forum thought I'd drop in. Coming from a different side of things been into diesel performance since 2005, grew up around all Fords. Dad had a 70s Ranchero with 428. hoping to gain as much knowledge a and help as possible. To main topic 

I picked up a 69 Ford Mustang, had a 302 with 351 heads on it. She's gonna need some sheet metal its been sitting for the last 8years motor was running prior to removal. I've decide this build list so far opinions and options or adjustments would be great. Cowl doesn't leak any water into the floor board but drive side torque box is rusted thru. Floor pan seems pretty sold, may have to do B post small rust spot. Trunk area solid frame rails no holes. I have restore manual but nothing with alot of specs or exact pieces names. 

351w 393 stroker 

IFS front ? brand ? 

CJpony or dynacorn body parts ? 

Rear Axle choices or setup ? 

I did decided to do basicly frame up gonna do as much metal as I can. 

20200925_180837.jpg

20200925_175051.jpg

20200925_125349.jpg

Welcome to the site. Nice project. Sticking with the original color? There are many choices for the front suspension. Choice depends on how you'll use the car and to what degree. I haven't yet decided what I'm going to use on mine so I can't make a recommendation. There are many on here with varying experience and a wide variety of projects.

100_1099.thumb.jpg.dc3ffdab487193b12fed26eea39fbd8f.jpg

100_1077.thumb.jpg.e24a967c79052d309df0d106b4d8d199.jpgMy 69 Coupe is going to be used as a weekend cruiser. I used Opentracker Racing's street performance upper & lower control arms, 1 1/8" front sway bar, performance coil springs, Shelby/Arning UCA drop, manual steering w/ roller idler arm, & adjustable strut rods. I also had the steering box rebuilt by Chockostang, & added front power disc brakes.

100_1086.thumb.jpg.a0c22ef7bb3f04b4ce6e6ead59d5c41d.jpg

5 hours ago, Mike65 said:

100_1099.thumb.jpg.dc3ffdab487193b12fed26eea39fbd8f.jpg

100_1077.thumb.jpg.e24a967c79052d309df0d106b4d8d199.jpgMy 69 Coupe is going to be used as a weekend cruiser. I used Opentracker Racing's street performance upper & lower control arms, 1 1/8" front sway bar, performance coil springs, Shelby/Arning UCA drop, manual steering w/ roller idler arm, & adjustable strut rods. I also had the steering box rebuilt by Chockostang, & added front power disc brakes.

100_1086.thumb.jpg.a0c22ef7bb3f04b4ce6e6ead59d5c41d.jpg

Mike I was thinking going with a 351w 393 stroker setup. plan to build the engine bay to make that work. still trying to dig info on options what works what doesn't. 

4 hours ago, RescueF250 said:

So a stroke 351 would fit with the factory aprons without an issue ? any cross member issues ? should I change the suspension and ditch the factory setup. 

My 69 fastback is factory 351W and 70 Cougar is 351C. Same apron/shock tower as my 69 and 70 car with 302. Just the shock tower brace is different, and it does not interfere between 302 and 351.

Welcome..im more of a close to stock front suspension guy. lots of aftermarket parts that work with all other parts. Something to consider when buying and modify stuff..ran a 393 for years...ran great and had low compression for 89 octane.. figure budget and what you want to do and take that path..I know I get some flack for this but I'm a 6.0 diesel guy..

Opentracker is hard to beat, quality parts with mach levels fin which to chose, and a nice guy. No matter whose parts you buy, do the one inch upper control arm drop, called the Shelby drop. 

I went with a Fat Man Fabrications IFS on my '69 sportsroof. Its pretty much like the front end on the Fox body Mustangs. I had an '85 GT and got used to the handling. The Fat Man set up lets you use SN99 dual pistion calipers and rack and pinion steering. Plus it allows adjustable height. It seems well engineered.