prayers1

Blinkers went out??

I guess the more you drive, the more problems arise.

This time it’s the blinkers. I’ve already replaced the wires in the steering column and blinker assembly.  Yesterday I replaced the flasher thats located left of the radio.

The other day it stopped working, then came on. Now it’s off for good. 
What should I do!

Appreciate everyone’s help!!!

I guess the first thing I would do is see if the 4-way flashers work and if the brake lights work.  Since both of those also utilize the turn signal switch.  Also check the fuse.  When checking the fuse it's best to use a test light or volt meter and check for power at both sides of the fuse.

I checked the fuses all good. Changed flashers and swapped flashers, still no turn signals.

brakes work, hazards work all lights blink.

just realized when I got back into the car to turn hazards off, I hit the steering wheel and the hazards went off. So, I put the hazards back on and moved the steering wheel. By moving the steering wheel it turns off the emergency flashers. That seems odd??

A schematic shows how a circuit works. It is the document that a wire diagram is made from, and is much easier to follow than a wire diagram, but even in this simplified form it can be difficult for most people to follow. The turn signals begin in the middle on the left, goes through fuse #1,  through the flasher and hazard switch, then down to the turn switch. There are three examples of how the switch works on the right. Power goes through the switch to the bulbs that have two filaments in them, but only the filament marked as "turn" is used for signals, and then it goes to ground.

5JYZtwn.png

Last post disappeared??

Thank you Mach1 Driver!! Much clearer then the factory one I have. I usually would have to take a picture of the old one and blow it up. Made my eyes strain.
Chased all wires and just found 1 ground off the left taillight. Also zip tied new blinker harness to main harness. Clips were dried out. This was just for extra insurance.

Pulled steering wheel, no cuts, burns or loose wires. 

5E3DDD5B-598D-40A9-BD65-BD33F826BDA8.jpeg

SUCCESS!!!!

Even though I checked all fuses. I’ve exhausted my tracing of wires. I revisited the fuse box and took the #1 Fuse out. This time I realized the the prongs on one side of #1 was wider. I took a small wire brush and cleaned the terminal and squeezed the wide prong. I put in a new fuse and I have Blinkers !!!!!

Short lived success, now back to “Brown lights” post 

Thanks to all for your Help!!!!

5 hours ago, prayers1 said:

I checked the fuses all good. Changed flashers and swapped flashers, still no turn signals.

brakes work, hazards work all lights blink.

just realized when I got back into the car to turn hazards off, I hit the steering wheel and the hazards went off. So, I put the hazards back on and moved the steering wheel. By moving the steering wheel it turns off the emergency flashers. That seems odd??

As far as I remember, hazards also cancel like turn signals when you turn the wheel. So it is working as intended.

Yes you are right. My main concern was no blinkers. I was using the hazards as a way to see if the bulbs work, I accidentally moved the steering column and found that it cancelled the hazards. I didn’t know that happened. I thought the hazards stayed on until You turned them off, as in modern vehicles 

21 hours ago, prayers1 said:

Last post disappeared??

Thank you Mach1 Driver!! Much clearer then the factory one I have. I usually would have to take a picture of the old one and blow it up. Made my eyes strain.
Chased all wires and just found 1 ground off the left taillight. Also zip tied new blinker harness to main harness. Clips were dried out. This was just for extra insurance.

Pulled steering wheel, no cuts, burns or loose wires. 

5E3DDD5B-598D-40A9-BD65-BD33F826BDA8.jpeg

if you do not put a dab of grease on your horn ring your next problem will be intermittent horn blowing while turning.

the buttons will start dragging along the ring.