smh00n

Headers for a 347/TKO600/Borgeson in a 70

What's the options for full length headers for this car?

FPA are beyond my budget so am looking at Dougs, Patriot, JBA, etc.

I see Patriot H8403-B around $225 which suits my budget. Dougs D623-R are $482 which is at the very top.

What's the options in between? My main concern is fitment with this combo as I cannot find any reviews on any header for this combo.

I do have Patriot shorties H8433 but again I cannot confirm via reviews if I will have fitment issues. I'll also pay about $500 to get pipes made to suit so spending a bit less than that on new headers is OK, as I am only using drop pipes so the rest of the system is simples straight pipes.

I am not really chasing power on this car. It has an HO roller block, Dart Pro 1 heads with dual bolt pattern, Sniper EFI and I have the option of either a Torker or RPM airgap manifold. Compression will be around 10.6 or so, depends on where the machining takes it. Won't be lower than 10.5 I'm sure. Aware of the limitations of a stock block I'll probs keep it to 6,000~ which fits with the Voodoo 20350711 cam which tops out at 6,200. From what I read a main girdle won't save it from splitting so I'll work to what I have and accept it.

I have a 69 with a Windsor 5.0 stroked to 347, borgeson power steering and AOD. The Pace Maker headers fit in the engine bay but had to get modified to clearance the AOD. Pace Maker is an Aussie company. 

only the left hand side needed  modifications 

image.thumb.jpeg.bdbfa7be6bd548ef32f4d6fc49d27b7f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e40bce799105e82ed412d5f9d0f61524.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2f5f0b1f60b6b1f6df891fe0a54a5cf8.jpeg 

Keep in mind, since you're running EFI, they prefer single plane manifolds otherwise the sensors/computer gets confused. Don't take my word for it, read up on this subject. Dual planes disrupt the way they sense air charges, in short 

If your heads have the dual bolt pattern, I'd def try to find a header with the same. I have the FPA headers (with dual bolt pattern) flange and RHS heads with dual pattern and it is sooooo much easier, faster, and way less knuckle busting. Not sure what the headers have that you're looking at, but that is my .02.

If you heads have the wide bolt pattern, I would buy headers that have the wide bolt pattern.  The tubes don't require notches so better flow. And its easier to install the fasteners (studs and nuts recommended) and keep tight.