Her69fastback

Tilt steering column.

What tilt column Is everyone using? I have a borgeson power steering on the car if that makes a difference. I have need searching there’s a lot out there. I have been looking at  Ididit columns. I want a column I can paint & hopefully one that is plug & play. I’m not the best at wiring. Thanks for the help

I've researched this some, and all the aftermarket columns that I'm aware of are made for GM steering wheel slip rings. They do not line up with the Ford slip ring, so the horn will probably short out or not work. That may not be a problem for you, but I like the original wheel and want to keep it. In that case get a used tilt column. Lots of higher end Ford models used them so they are available. There are two versions- the tilt/swing-away and just the tilt. The tilt/swing-away are considered too complicated and troublesome, and most people have them converted to just tilt, and you can still tilt it up to get in and out of the car easier. These columns have a flaw- there are two pins that are press fit and if they come loose it damages other parts. Find a rebuilder who will use oversize pins, or better yet- longer pins with c-clips to hold them in place.