prayers1

Brown lights

40 minutes ago, prayers1 said:

I wonder, if I take the ground to the lights in the above picture directly to the battery negative. If that would make them brighter???

That will only help if there is a bad ground connection somewhere.  How bad are the headlights?  Kind of normal for a car of this era or oddly dim?

I would say kinda normal for that era. 
just suggested the ground ideal cause I’m trying to squeeze out and positives that I can. 

I feel I’ve reached the realization that the low beams are actually working as should and that I’m to use to modern lighting.

All in all, thanks to all for your help. With this Post I’ve been able to improve the charging system and clean up a few of the bad ends

1 hour ago, prayers1 said:

every time I look for a Halogen low beam it’s either not available or it’s the 7” bulb. 

Daniel Stern lighting sells a Koito H4 housing and a Tungsram 120 H4 60-65w hi/low bulb, but you'll definitely need two relays- one for hi beams and one for low.

On 9/25/2020 at 7:32 AM, prayers1 said:

Yes your right Midlife, I was thinking the same. 
better $60 than $300.
everytime I look for a Halogen low beam it’s either not available or it’s the 7” bulb. 

Years ago I could see cars switching away from 5 inch headlights,  they were getting harder to find.  So every time I would go to a salvage yard to collect parts, I would collect any used halogen bulbs I could find. They are typically free at a salvage yard, they do not care about old bulbs like that.  If you have any in the area, you might consider a trip and snooping around to see if there are any still there.  

Maybe it is time for me to take another trip to a salvage yard and snoop around?