Rich Ackermann

Need fold down seat upper trim panel brackets or dimensions to make my own

The fold down rear seat upper trim panel brackets (see pics below) are hard to find, and repros are currently not available from NPD or anywhere else for that matter.  

If anyone knows where I can purchase a set, or at least one of each of the two types of bracket sizes, please let me know.

My backup plan will be to make them, but I don't have the dimensions for them. I would greatly appreciate if someone could provide the dimensions for each of the two bracket sizes.

Thank you for your help,

Rich

Fold down seat upper trim panel brackets 1.jpg

8-12-2020 9-46-03 AM.png

I just made a few templates out of poster board, once I got the correct angle I traced it to sheet metal, cut it, bent it, and finished it with paint to prevent surface rust. I made them specific for the Mustangs to Fear trap door panel so it would be a tight fit to eliminate the subwoofer bounce.

9 hours ago, 69Stanger408 said:

I just made a few templates out of poster board, once I got the correct angle I traced it to sheet metal, cut it, bent it, and finished it with paint to prevent surface rust. I made them specific for the Mustangs to Fear trap door panel so it would be a tight fit to eliminate the subwoofer bounce.

Hi 69stanger408, 

If you would share your templates, or the dimensions with me I would be eternally grateful. Even better I would be willing to pay you for a set. Please pm me if you would be so kind. Thanks, Rich

Attached is a template I made, worked great and can be adjusted based on the bend of the base. Use poster-board stock to make template and adjust as needed, then transfer to sheet metal and trim with metal snips. I used my bench vise to make the bends and a body hammer to sharpen the angles.PDF template is below pics.

Braket 3.jpg

Braket 2.jpg

1969 Mustang Trap Door Bracket Template.pdf

9 minutes ago, 69Stanger408 said:

Attached is a template I made, worked great and can be adjusted based on the bend of the base. Use poster-board stock to make template and adjust as needed, then transfer to sheet metal and trim with metal snips. I used my bench vise to make the bends and a body hammer to sharpen the angles.PDF template is below pics.

1969 Mustang Trap Door Bracket Template.pdf 95.77 kB · 1 download

Very nice! Thank you so much for template. I suspect getting the bracket angle right is critical in mounting the panel. Would it be possible to get the measurement on either end of the bracket from the top mounting surface to the base. Thanks

9-12-2020 9-38-26 AM.png

The angle is set, the height of length is based on your setup and can be adjusted with the template  before transcribing to the sheet metal. The original would of been too short to affix the aftermarket panels I have so I lengthened them. Place the left and right panels in place and align the template to the underside of the panels.